Sunday, March 04, 2012

Common Core at your fingertips!

Did you see the new addition to my blog today???
It might not look like a big deal, but go ahead and click it.
The Common Core!  Rocking your world, right?!  No more googling or remembering websites or clicking through pages and pages to get there.  It's all. right. here.
And it's super easy to use.
Click on your grade level and your objectives pop right up.  If that's not enough to jog your memory...click on one.  A breakdown of the objective and the underlying tasks that fall under each are listed right there.
Or if you're planning a lesson, there's a "More Resources" section back at the beginning instead of clicking on math or literacy.  There's a "What the Standards Don't Cover" section, further unpacking of the objectives and a vocab list!  {First year teachers and new curriculum adopters, I hear your cries of relief!}

P.S. Scary terms like this make me glad I teach kindergarten!!!
At any time you can click the tab and it will disappear again.  No more lugging home my standards notebook or stressing about lesson plans when I can't remember which task is in which objective.  Thank You Mastery Connect!  Create a free account to add one to your site.  You can also upload common assessments or search for others that teachers across the country have shared.  It acts a little like Facebook with an activity page for who you follow but it was worth the quick registration for me just to get this handy little tab.  :)

Happy Planning!!  How else are you simplifying the switch to Common Core??

14 comments:

  1. haha... isn't it a crack up what makes us teachers so excited!

    When I added that tab to my site I thought my whole world was made easier. No more clicking around looking things up... it's all RIGHT THERE! :)

    We are not officially switching to common core until 2014.... so they say. But I'm putting common core standards on as much as I can now, so by the time its official... I'm ready and hopefully have it as ingrained in me as I do the state standards. :D
    Dragonflies in First

    PS Every time I visit your site, I feel I need to go shoe shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, take this blog as your excuse and grab your credit card!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing...this seems like a great idea!!!

    ✰Amber
    Sparkles, Smiles, and Student Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super impressed with you! Something to aspire to!

    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. To follow in Traci's sentiments...yes it is sad at what makes us SO easily excitable! We are supposed to switch to CC next year, but I don't see it happening yet. However, this is an awesome tool to get us ready. Thanks for sharing!!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. What a great tool. I'm going to add it to my blog and to my classroom blog too.

    Thanks!
    DillyDabbles

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tool! My state is developing their own new standards, but the word is that the new superintendent of my district wants us to adopt the Common Core so I'm starting to look into them.

    ✪ Miss W

    Miss W Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! That is one of tons of reasons that I have sent you an awesome blog award. Check it out on my blog!

    Jennifer
    Teaching with Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks Jennifer! I'm heading over right now! :)

      Delete
  8. That's awesome! I have that app on my iPhone and use it all.the.time! In fact, at any grade level meeting/faculty meeting, the three of us that teach first grade have our phones out ready to access this app as needed. :)

    Can't wait to add the tab to my blog! Thanks!!

    Oh My Little Classity Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! How do I get it on my phone?! Even better!!! :)

      Delete
  9. I love the Common Core App. It is great! I love your blog too. I am your newest follower! I hope you stop by my blog when you get a chance.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips